Sunday 11 January 2009

High heels everytime, everywhere

How tall am I?
Honey, with hair, heels and attitude I'm through this damned roof.
Drag Queen RuPaul

Even when I put my super comfortable, definitely not so sophisticated Ecco-shoes, I feel insecure to walk in Almaty. First of all, some pedestrian sides are uneven and covered with pure ice. Secondly, most of the entrances to the public places are made of polished marble which makes it incredibly slippery when covered with snow. Thirdly, you have to be able to run from all crazy drivers who sometimes drive on the pedestrian side or don't bother to wait on the crossings.

Most of all I admire Kazakh girls and women who wear heels with incredible skill on uneven surfaces and ice. They manage to wear really high ( at least 10 cm) heels every day, basically all the time, not only on formal occasions. Personally, I love high heels with my 178 cm height, but I think I won't risk my unbroken bones during the Kazakh winter.

BTW, I've heard on the local TV today that the main goal of any woman is to attract men... Hmm. I hope that high heels in Kazakhstan are  matter of personal choice and attitude, not just another, pretty uncomfortable tool of male attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment